Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2003 10:06:32 AM EDT
I have to install a CAR stock this weekend and I think it would be quicker going to a hardware store and buying a spanner wrench than to find a gun shop with the car stock wrench.  My question is.....  What size spanner wrench do I need?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Im not sure what size you need. Byt before i have a CAR stock wrench, I took a pair of vise grips, coated the teeth with black electrician tape so they wouldnt scratch it.

It worked very well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a spanner wrench we have here at work, but you could use a pair of channel locks and wrap the jaws and teeth with electrical tape, as M4 said.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I put a little blue Locktite on the threads then tightened with a pair of channel locks with a piece of leather under the jaws.  I finished with a little tapping on one of the indentations with a brass drift.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends which type nut you have. If you havr the type with holes- then it is a #4. If you have the notch type- I don't know, but can fond out for you. Hope this helps. just IM me if you need me to find out the notch size.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have the nut with you just take it to the hardware store with you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]
If it's the old kind of nut, with the 1/8" holes, find a Snap-On guy and get the Bluepoint #APS351B spanner. It's always worth having the correct tools on hand... why risk marking your prized weapon?

An expedient method, in lieu of the proper tool, is to insert a 1/8" pin punch in the hole. Using the punch as a lever, tighten by hand, and finish up by tapping along the side of the punch with a brass hammer.

FITTER
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top