Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/23/2003 7:16:25 PM EDT
I think my next project is going to be a 9mm short barreled rifle, but have a question.
If I buy a complete upper, will all the standard 5.56mm parts work in the lower? I know about adding a mag block, but what about the trigger, hammer, etc.? Where do I get the mags?

Thanks in advance....
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It's all discussed many time over in  the "Rimfire/Pistol caliber" section. Variables as to who's system you choose... Oly or Colt pattern (RRA/ASA). Oly,,, run what you brung...Colt pattern, M16 hammer if M16, M16 hammer with lug cut off or 9mm semi hammer for semi auto operation, or ramp the Colt pattern bolt and use any hammer...
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
A Colt 635 runs with regular M16 FCG. Why couldn’t a Colt 9mm Sporter run with AR FCG parts? I know the 9mm semi has different parts, just wondering why.

Best Regards, J
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A Colt 635 runs with regular M16 FCG. Why couldn’t a Colt 9mm Sporter run with AR FCG parts? I know the 9mm semi has different parts, just wondering why.

Best Regards, J
View Quote

Most standard semi-auto AR hammers have that "hook" on their face.  That'll get hung up on the bottom of the bolt, and jam everything up nice and tight.  The M16 hammer doesn't have that, which is why the suggestion to use it, with the lug cut off.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top