Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 8:21:06 PM EDT
I'm about to build my second AR-15 and I wanted to ask the board a couple of questions regarding upper assembly manufacturers. My first AR was built from a 16" C.A.R.(A2 upper) kit from Model 1 Sales, I'm pretty pleased with it so far, my question is this: Even with Bushmaster's rifle kits being one of the most expensive, is there any advantage to getting a kit from them ?  Or is Model 1 good enough for home defense / shooting on weekends at the range ?  

Lastly, I'll be building this rifle with an A3 upper and I want to use flip up front and rear sights.  Should I order the kit with a milled front sight base or can I use a Weaver railed gas block with a flip up front sight ?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm planning to buy my kit this week.

Thanks,

Two2Three
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
a few months ago i was in the same boat as u. I couldnt decide between jt distributing and a bushmaster m4 kit. I eventually went with bushmaster for a few reasons. one- they chrome the barrels and the bore. two- they have forged front sight bases and upper receivers.
And third- the customer service is great and they make an exceptional AR-15.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
J&T also uses Forged front sight base as well as upper reciver,they don't use any castings! They also have chrome barrel & chamber in the M4 kit on request,for $50 extra. I have there 16" CAR kit and am well pleased with it!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top