Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2003 5:33:35 AM EDT
I'm thinking of replacing my pistol grip and want something that will fit my ham-hock sized hand, as well as be comfortable and help with accuracy a little.

I saw this pistol grip and it looked nice - what is it, where can I get it, etc.?

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=164953

Also, any other opinions or suggestions for good grips?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=67&min=3&dyn=1&[/url]

Sierra Precision Rifles AR-15 Handgrip, above is I believe the one on top pic of your link, bought one of these for my dad who has "paws" for hands and he liked it.

BTW, Dillon sells the "Battlegrip" too.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
What are you using now?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Just the standard one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I the picture, the top one's a FOBUS G27. I've got one and it's great for large hands! The curved filler at the top in back helps reposition the hand for a much better trigger finger placement. The bottom one's a Hogue and they're a vast improvement over the standard grip, rubber over-molded, palm swells, finger grooves, knurled texture. However the don't really fit big hands better than the originals. I also have an ERGO ambi grip that's a very good fit for me. All of the grips I've mentioned are available on the EE board.

1079 posts Greywolf and NOW you're thinking of changing your grips?!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
[url=http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?pid=156&lastcatid=16&step=4]Houge[/url]
[img]http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/prodimg/15000L.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Graywolf, those are my rifles.  I've tried the Hogue, G27, and Ergo.  I much prefer the Hogue, but if they made the G27 in the same stuff the Hogue is made of, it would kick major ass.  The G27 feels very nice ergonomically, but I don't like the plastic feel as much as the Hogue.  The Ergo grip is too narrow side to side, and to long front to back for me.  Plus, I didn't care for the feel of that material, either.  

I have small hands, but the G27 feels good to me...I've left it on the M4gery in that pic...everything else wears the Hogues.  BTW, Midway has the Hogues and the G27s for around $15 a pop, if you get the dealer discount.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, guys :)  I may be able to try out the G27 at coal creek armory today - I'll see what I think then.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top