Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2003 11:29:32 AM EDT
how the hell do u an m4 stock on? the directions for the stock section on the site suck :( plz help thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean like a collapsable/non collapsable CAR style stock?  If so, screw it into the receiver 'til it's almost covering the hole that the buffer retainer goes in...drop the retainter spring and retainer in, depress it with your thumb, and screw the stock the rest of the way in 'til it will keep the retainer/spring in without interfering with it's operation (there should be a flat spot on the end of the tube, that's the part that goes over the retainer, holding it in place.)

Now you have to drop the rear take down detent spring in, then push the metal plate down so that it collapses the detent spring; hold it down, and tighten the nut on the stock tube 'til it snugs up, taking care that the spring doesn't get caught in there...you need to compress it into it's hole.  

After you snug the nut to hand tight, take your armorers' wrench or CAR stock wrench, and torque it down to what the TM says...I think it's 30 lbs.  If you don't have the right wrench, a rubber strap wrench will probably work, although you won't be able to measure the torque like that.  

(I didn't torque mine; I just cranked the nut down to where it felt good and tight with the wrench, and left it at that.  I'll probably get yelled at by someone, but that's how I did it).  
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks a lot pal...now i just gotta find that stupid buffer retainer heh heh. i let it go by accident and shot myself in the head with it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
doh!  I hate when that happens hehehe.  At least if they hit you in the head/face, you can usually find them [:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
actually it took me a couple hours to find it :) it was stuck in a section of the chair i was sitting on. i finally found it after i scanned every square foot of the room with a comb. but i eventually got it. is that little buffer retainer the only thing that holds the buffer and spring in?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
when I work with small parts that like to flyaway and hide I go the the kitchen table ,place a desk lamp and the project in question then I cover m head and the project and lamp under a thin white sheet.then when parts fly they hit the sheet and land on the table where I can  find them.Most of the time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
i had a giant towel over my head when i was doing everything else...but the ONE time i dont use the towel i lose something heh heh
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top