Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 3:33:10 PM EDT
Thank god for a rescource like this site. Greetings everyone. I'm in the process of building my first little black pony, and can't seem to locate anyone who has, or can get a Colt collapsable reciever extension(for a VLTOR stock), despite the many sites available. If anyone could steer me the right direction, whether it's a new part through a dealer, or a used one via yourselves or someone you know, it would be very much appreciated! I can't seem to get Colt to answer any emails and there are no dealers that I can find up here. Thanks in advance, and again, I love the wealth of info/possibilities on this site.

SEMPER FI -
Cpl West
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If its a regular carbine receiver extension bushmaster makes a nice parkerized one that is exactly like the colt one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info 927, but apparently VLTOR stocks are made to only fit Colt reciever extensions. It's anybodies guess as to why except maybe an industry standard had to be decided upon(it seems to me that there are many) or most likely a lucrative contract struck with the military. I guess I'll have to make a call to Colt themselves to find a dealer somewhere and get one that way.

Thanks again -

Cpl West
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Wes at [url=www.mstn.biz]MSTN[/url] has them and so does [url]http://www.sawlesales.com/[/url]

I bought mine from Wes when I bought my VLTOR stock.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Hats off to ya M4arc!! Thanks for the scoop. Which stock did you get and how do you like it?

SEMPER FI -
Cpl West
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hats off to ya M4arc!! Thanks for the scoop. Which stock did you get and how do you like it?

SEMPER FI -
Cpl West
View Quote

I bought the standard carbine model and I love it!  In fact, I'm thinking of buying another one for my next project [:D]  I really like the looks of it and the cheek weld is great for me.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, from what I've read from both this site and the VLTOR site, and the pic's Ive seen, I'm sold. Especially when an M4 extendable cost's nearly the same price on some site's! It's ludicrous! For an extra $14 to $35(depending on whose M4  collapsable carbine stocks you're looking at) you get soooo much more with VLTOR, to include an improved cheek weld as you mentioned earlier, 4 different QD sling attatchment points instead of two fixed points and water-tight battery compartments, if you choose!

SEMPER FI -
Cpl West

PS. Actually ludicrous is a term I used maybe a little too loosely. It would be WISER to think about using a VLTOR carbine stock IF you are looking to replace/change to a collapsable carbine stock for your Pre-Ban weapon.
I have a way of shooting myself in the foot while it's in my mouth sometimes!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Cpl West,

I installed the battary compartments and the cheek weld was even better!  Since I was basically starting only a lower I purchase the Colt buffer tube, buffer spring, H buffer and stock from Wes for about $190 shipped.  Wes has very good prices but compare them to [url=www.coalcreekarmory.com]Coal Creek[/url] because they also carry VLTOR and are great guys to deal with too.  Either way you can't lose.  Check out the Equipment Exchange / Parts because there are numerous adds for VLTORs.

Good luck and post some pictures when you finish.  Here is my SGW/CMMG M4 with VLTOR:
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/p42de74cc4b13cd0810c5dec5c99ee1db/fc01e89a.jpg[/img]

Marc
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice! Boy that shines brother. Is that an A.R.M.'s #40 on top I see? It's nearly identical to what I'm looking at building, with the exception of the "clubfoot" stock, a floated barrel w/gasblock and either a flip-up or detatchable front sight that I'm going to use. I haven't decided yet on what to use...GG&G flip-up(spendy but nice) or go cheap with the detatchable and chance losing it! Either way, I'll post pic's and show her off!

SEMPER FI
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, that's an ARMS 40.  Next up is an EOTech 552 and a Knights Armament RAS.  I think I'm going to have a GG&G flip-up front sight installed on it too!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]
HAHAHA! Now you're talking. The EOTech 552 and the RAS ought to set you up nicely! As for me, it'll be awhile before I get that far in the pocketbook! :) I think I'll spend it on an ACOG if mommy gives me the nod of approval, which in my case might not happen just yet. I haven't even built the damn thing yet, and the rifles configuration has changed 3 times!
BTW, I already checked for equipment at Coal Creek, but I just got an email stating they are presently out of stock, so Wes get's my biz tonight!

SEMPER FI -
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top