Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 10:42:31 AM EDT
I've been away from the 80% building crowd for a while. I've been wanting to build an 80% sig P228 for a while. I noticed that Tanneryshop no longer has the 80% frames or parts kits listed on his site. Anyone know what happened to them?
Also, I remember someone was ramping up to sell 50% P228 frames, 50% meaning fully machined frame halves that you just put together. Anyone know what happened to that venture?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I heard William got called up for duty . I don't know if he's back yet .
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
80% P228 frames are available from [url]www.ktordnance.com[/url] and [url]www.dlask.com[/url]. Dlask's are cast steel  frames (I think), and KT's are milled from solid steel or if you want, from aluminum.

DLASK also has part kits (or at least HAD them last time I looked). There is also a part kit (less the barrel) currently listed on ebay.

KT frames are milled in (2) halves and he has them brazed together. He may we willing to sell a frame that hasn't been brazed. His email is on his site, so you can ask him.

as for the DLASK part kits, they are not drop in parts, and many are out of spec, but they are significantly cheaper than SIG OEM parts. I also suggest you check out [url]www.roderuscustom.tzo.com[/url]. They have a forum for Sig P228 builds that will provide most of the information and details you will need.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Kristi Tools has 80% sig frames.

Kristi Tools is ktordnance
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
KT has them, mighty fine frames too.  Just have fun with the DLASK parts.  I recommend files of all shapes and sizes with lots of sand paper.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top