Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2003 6:52:16 PM EDT
I have an SP1 lower and a large hole A2 colt 16in upper w/lightweight barrel bolted on.  My question is...is it ok to use the latest RRA collapsible stock "as is"...referring to spring and buffer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to use the buffer and spring that come with the RRA stock. Just so you know the collapsible stock is for Per-Ban only . Good luck
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Slidestop...check your email.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a few Pic's of my RRA stock on a Colt PreBan lower
Dave
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/052069.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/052068.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]
So the concensus here is that the RRA Collapsible stock, buffer/spring and all will bolt on and work fine?  Cause I had someone else claiming that I should only buy the colt milspec because specs are different between bushmaster and RRA.  What do you think?

Very nice rifle by the way.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The lower "rail" on a Colt, 4 position, receiver extension is narrower than the "rail" on a RRA/BM extension. A RRA/BM stock will, loosely, fit on a Colt extension, but a Colt stock will not fit on a RRA/BM extension. The Crane, Vltor, and LMT stocks require a Colt (which is the Mil-Spec) receiver extension.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Guys....I'm going to buy the colt unit and play it safe.  And heck, for a few bucks more, my carbine stays all colt.  I'm pretty excited....two rifles in one now, the A2 Carbine or the classic SP1.

Apreesh!

Jim
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top