Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2003 7:51:34 PM EDT
Alright, I have been looking into doing a build for a long time now. I must have gone over the lower building instructions on this sit at least twenty times.

Now, I have a few questions:

First-Since I can't really afford to get myself a real pre-ban Ar15, I have decided to do an M4gery. I am looking for Post Ban M4 uppers thathave the M4 profile and a good looking muzzle break(one that closely resembles the A2).

I have been looking at getting an M&A Parts kit and going from there. But, does anyone know what the muzzle breaks on their M4 kits look like?

Seccond-Where is as good place to get a lower, I want a forged, and manufacturer doesn't really matter (unless there are any I should stay away from, ie. Hesse and CAI) And they also should have good customer service.

As you can see, I kinda know where I am headed, but I need someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no complaints with my Eagle Arms lower from Quantico Arms.  There have also been many praises of the MEGA/Stinger lowers.  Check out the Equipment Exchange and look/search for a post on MEGA or Stinger lowers.  Price is $89 for the Stingers and $99 (I believe) for the Megas.

You may also want to check out J&T Distributing's M4 upper and parts kit.  I got my 16" CAR kit from them and have been absolutely satisfied with it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Alright, I have been looking into doing a build for a long time now. I must have gone over the lower building instructions on this sit at least twenty times.
View Quote

Your whole post reads exactly like it came from me, and I strongly encourage anyone reading who is thinking of taking the plunge to do what is quoted above. Just go through all the motions over and over in your head, read stuff over and over and over until you can picture yourself doing it in your head and then start to map out your goals, where are you going to buy this or that, when, in what order, etc. So far I am pleased with my decisions and purchases. The knowledge that I have accumulated  over the past few months, and the beginning of building my lower reciever this week/weekend.  THE ONLY THING I REGRET IS NOT GETTING INTO THIS HOBBY SOONER!!! [:P]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Wipeout, I thought about buying a stinger lower, they look great-maybe next build. I saw over at the equipment exchange that Lexington Arms had Rock River Arms lowers for 99 bucks shipped. Some of the guys I work with have built rifles with RRA lowers and are very satisfied. I went with the RRA lower, and it should be here next week. I did a lot of searching on prices, and Lexington arms had the best price, and they ship very fast. Chris got my FFL on Thursday, and the same day he emailed me back stating the lower had been shipped. He did not charge me 3% for using a Credit Card. I bought the first generation Bush Master Video on building an AR Rifle years ago. It was a good reference, they say the newer video is better. All the tips that were on the video and more can be found on this site. That's what lured me to this site, people here had the same problems, that I did when building a rifle.  Good Luck  Amos
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top