Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/10/2003 8:19:06 PM EDT
Does anyone have any expirence with M$A's parts kits?

I am looking into doing my first build and had seen their uppers and really liked them. I have heard good things about their uppers and thought it might be worth a shot.

While looking at their uppers, I have seen their parts kits are realativley cheap.

would I be better off getting a whole parts kit form there? or should I get my upper there, lower stuff from other places?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I've bought a lot of miscelaneous parts from M&A and have always been happy.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
i think its true for most companies that its cheaper to just buy the whole kit. i didnt however, i bought my lower parts kit, complete ace buttstock, and upper all from different sellers,  but i didnt end up with anything i didnt want either.
i have heard mostly good things about m&a.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:29:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an M&A 16" Hbar and was very satisfied. I still suspect that these are actually RRA uppers but can't confirm it...
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Real happy with my M&A kit also.  Everything went together perfectly, and the finish is an almost exact match to my Oly lower.  Great service too if you run into a problem.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I am also verry happy with the kit from M@A parts. They were my choice for the first build and it was of good quality. I was wondering about there uppers, also mine had a key hole mark on it. At the last trip to the gun shop the bushmasters had this same marking on them. Any info would be nice. Good luck with your build.
      Bill
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I just finished building my first tonight. Very impressed with M&A kit. I have an Eagle Arms lower.  All fit together perfectly.  The color match between upper and lower isn't perfect but close enough for me.  Can't wait to shoot it!

Here is the pic:

[img]http://www.sturmcity.net/images/ar15_firstbuild.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just finished building my first tonight. Very impressed with M&A kit. I have an Eagle Arms lower.  All fit together perfectly.  The color match between upper and lower isn't perfect but close enough for me.  Can't wait to shoot it!

Here is the pic:

[url]http://www.sturmcity.net/images/ar15_firstbuild.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Looks Great. Congratulations on a new AR!

I was wondering if anyone knows if M&A's Post Ban M4 kits comes with a faux flash supressor on it? If so, what does it look like. Some of the Faux flash supressors I have seen on other people post ban M4 kits look really strange.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy from them. You won't go wrong.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I just built a rifle from one of their 20" E2 kits on a Mega upper. I am very pleased.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Wipeout, the post ban M4 kit I built has the best looking faux flash hider I have seen. It looks like a USGI that was milled out and pressed to the end of the barrel, complete with washers. This looks to be newly made, and gives the look of a pre ban, while not being SOOOO evil. I am about to build another M&A kit. Got the DPMS reciever Friday.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I put one of their 16" midlength kits on a Stinger lower.  

Went together perfectly and is a great shooter.
I am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I have heard from one person the their charging handles seem cheaply made, is this true?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Wipeout, that might have been my post about the Model 1 kit...the charging handle in that one was indeed a POS.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks everyone for their replys. Righ tnow I am looking at a Pre-Ban EA AR15, bnut if that turns out to be too much money, I will definatley go with a m&a parts kit
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, now I have finished two mid-length ARs from M&A with Eagle Arms lower.  Both kits went together very well. Excellent kit quality IMO. I would recommend M&A for sure!

The left AR has a Colt 20rd and M-14 sling. The right has an England 30rd mag.  The England mags are very nice.

[img]http://www.sturmcity.net/images/twoars.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#16]
HOW DO YOU LIKE THE MID-LEGNTH UPPER. IT IS THE ONE I AM CONSIDERING FOR MY BUILD.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ok, now I have finished two mid-length ARs from M&A with Eagle Arms lower.  Both kits went together very well. Excellent kit quality IMO. I would recommend M&A for sure!

The left AR has a Colt 20rd and M-14 sling. The right has an England 30rd mag.  The England mags are very nice.

[url]http://www.sturmcity.net/images/twoars.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Those look VERY nice!

Congratulations on the new AR's
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
HOW DO YOU LIKE THE MID-LEGNTH UPPER. IT IS THE ONE I AM CONSIDERING FOR MY BUILD.
View Quote

If you like carbines, you'll love the mid-length. 2.5" more sight radius, and the rifle just looks better balanced. The longer gas tube also ensures reliability.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone have a link to M&A's web site.  didn't see them in Industry board.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link to M&A's web site.  didn't see them in Industry board.
View Quote

[url]www.m-aparts.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

For me mid-length is perfect. I shot the std 20" M-16 in the Marine Corps.  I like the mid-length way better. Good balance, sportier feel. Looks great!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top