Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 2:24:52 PM EDT
ANyone ever build a dedicated .22LR upper?  I am considering building one but was wondering if it is as simple as getting a modified .22 Ciener/Army kit and getting a .22 chambered barrel and new extension.  Any hints/experiences?

Renny
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been done....

[url]http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=3f0d1de60674ffff;act=ST;f=3;t=285;hl=wsmac[/url]

Working on mine.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:01:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Too simple--- get a Ceiner kit, and a Kuehl or Accuracy Speaks barrel, and your done.... These barrels do not use an "extension" they are cut from blank material. The pic is some of Ricks' offerings:
[url]www.kuehlprecisionfirearms.com[/url]

[img]http://www.kuehlprecisionfirearms.com/22_lr_NFA_bbls.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]
built one using the army m-261 kit. Took a shotout match barrel, removed the extension, made a new one out of 1.25 drill rod. Drilled out the barrel, put in a .22 rimfire liner, chambered it for .22 lr. modified m-261 kit to feed directly into chamber. mags are only 10 rounds, but they fit into a 20 or 30 round GI mag. they are availible through SARCO, at @ $15 a piece. Have about 1500 rounds through it. Had some initial problems, that took 30 or so rounds to fix, after that runs good..It's configured just like my service rifle upper.. I have about $500 tied up in it.
 dan
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Derrick Martin of Accuracy Speaks has made these in the past using the Ceiner kit they work very well and you can get the 30round mags for them.
Accuracy Speaks web site [url]www.accuracyspeaks.com[/url]or email [email][email protected][/email]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top