Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 2:03:41 PM EDT
Well, the front sight block and float tube came off without too much trouble.  Model 1 uses plain jane non tapered pins, so they came out with a couple of good hits with the hammer on the punch.  I little Kroil helped the sight block and gas tube slide right off, and ditto the 2 parts of the tube.  The barrel nut was MUCH easier to break loose on this rifle than the Armalite.  Of course, it's got about 3000k less rounds through it.  

I am planning to put some sort of rail handguards on.  My first choice would be the FIRSH, since they're only $99, but there's 2 problems associated with them.  1, I cant' seem to get hold of live bodies at Triple Break Products, which is the only place that sells them.  2, assuming I DO find someone (I've called, but no email yet), I still have to pay shipping, and wait.  

My other choice (budget concerns) is the Fulton Armory Liberator II handguards.  $25 more, but immeditately available...I can just drive up the road and pick them up.  As impatient as I am, I will most likely just drive on over to FA tomorrow, so I can get back and put this stuff all back together.  

Is there any readily apparent reason why these wouldn't be a good choice, for the money?  

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Olympic makes the FIRSH.
http://www.olyarms.com/firsh.html

Oly says they give you 60 days satisfaction guaranty return policy, and lifetime waranty. OK, they will probably ding you for shipping... but I would like to see Oly do well, and the FIRSH seems like a sweet spot in the old price/performance curve.

So... if you can't get good service before the sale, what chance do you have after? Try calling Oly direct?

Pete
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Those FA handguards look quite nice, I went with the Cmore rail system, but it was a tossup.  Guess I thought the cmore might be more proven since Fulton hasn't had those very long I don't think.  Thought about the Firsh too...I bet either will work great.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
stinkypete, Oly's web site says the FIRSH is only available through Triple Break...it could be that the guy is traveling or something.  I'll give him another shout, but the temptation is just to roll 30 minutes down the road and get the FA ones in person.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top