Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 6:05:12 PM EDT
Okay, this time I'm gonna ask the questions BEFORE I start screwing things up.  Sometime in the next several days, I'm going to install a RAS style float tube on my Model 1.  It currently has a standard carbine length float tube.  

After I get the front sight tower off and remove the gas tube, I'm gonna guess that the float tube is 2 pieces...the barrel nut part, and the actual tube part that must screw over the barrel nut part?  (I'm assuming it's gotta work like the Hogue, even though I can't budge it by hand.)

If I have in fact guessed correctly, can I get the front part of the tube off with a strap wrench?  The armorer's wrench has the 2 pins on the back side that fit the tube barrel nut, so I quess once I get that far, I just have to get the barrel nut loose).

Does this all sound right?  Thanks again...I promise this'll be my last question tonight hehehe.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds about right...just be careful with that gas tube and roll pins...lol.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top