Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/6/2003 4:43:06 PM EDT
Hello all, long time lurker , first time poster.. i finally broke down a built the wife her own ar-15.... but she dont like the black stock an handguards.. she wants OD in color!. which is better, removing them and painting them with krylon OD paint , or just buying the complete replacement stock set an switching them out??? who would you recommend as a replacement stock source? (at a reasonable cost!). Thanks for your advise..
COLT!
135th BN / 17th FF
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't recommend painting them.  Try Cav Arms...they have a bunch of colors.  I think their OD is closer to real OD; Armalite's is kinda light.  
[url]http://www.cavalryarms.com/furniture.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I am kinda in the same boat as colt.  I am trying to find a source for camo stocks and handguards?  Bushmaster is offering their rifle with Realtree camo furniture, but I can't find anyone selling just the stocks.  Any suggestions?  Keep in mind that I am no Leonardo DaVinci...So I would rather not have to break out my fingerpaint set.[:E]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#4]
wireless, Armalite has 2 camo patterns listed on their website...but the cost is outrageous at $130 per set.  Call Quantico Arms and see what they can get them to you for...more than you want to pay, I'm sure, but at least it won't be list price.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top