Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 6:04:00 PM EDT
it would actually be a fab 10 but would it be accurate?

and how much do collapsable butt stocks cost?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:15:16 AM EDT
[#1]

I've got an old CAR upper (11.5+5.5).  I've found it to be accurate enough for what it is.
It's the short sight radius that hurts you, not the fact that the barrel itself is short (that causes a lower velocity)

YMMV

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
If you used a scout type optic, then you wouldn't have to worry about the sight radius.  Though something that short isn't really meant to be used at 300 yards...

Collapsable stocks should be readily available in the $85 range.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorite rifle is an M4gery I built up on an Olympic lower, no-name upper, and various "gun show" parts of unknown quality.  But I used a 14.5" Colt barrel and Colt bolt/carrier.

The first time I took it out to the range, my buddy Russell came along with his factory Colt H-BAR.  Shooting Canadian C77 ammo standing off-hand through the iron sights at the 600 yard gong, I consistantly hit it about twice as often with the little M4 than my friend and his H-BAR.  (6 or 7 times out of 10, as opposed to 3 for the H-BAR.)  When we traded guns, he had no problems out shooting me every time, so it wasn't our marksmanship.

Needless to say, Russell couldn't believe that my little carbine shoots better than his H-BAR. He is now talking about converting his H-BAR into a carbine.

My advice is choose a good barrel and bolt (Colt or Bushmaster), and you'll have an accurate, reliable rifle.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top