Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 6:26:32 PM EDT
I got a chance to see some Mega lowers in person today and can say they looked OK for the price. I did pickup a Mega flat-top upper to try on a rifle. I swapped out the barrel on one of my Bushmasters and will try it out this weekend. The fit was perfect with the carry handle I picked up for it. It also fit perfect to the Bushmaster lower. The finish was nice and black, just not as smooth as the original Bushmaster upper that was on it. The only downfall is the large Mega in the side of the upper. I will probably buy another one to build into something else.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you see it?  I've thought about getting one, but being close enough to drive down to Quantico Arms and pick up an Eagle lower (when they're in stock lol), has spoiled me.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I recieved my mega lower today, and I personaly actually like the mega emblem on the side. looks like a very nice job.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at a stack of them and they all looked good.  A friend and I will be building one up pretty soon, I don't foresee any issues or problems.

Anyone build one up yet?  It would be nice to hear comments either way.  It seems like we are all taking advantage of the good price, but no one is building yet.  Nothing wrong with having a supply of lowers, but additional info would be nice.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:22:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where did you see it?  I've thought about getting one, but being close enough to drive down to Quantico Arms and pick up an Eagle lower (when they're in stock lol), has spoiled me.  
View Quote

I saw them in Sarco's in Sterling, NJ. So they aren't local for me either, but I could have one ordered in and it cost less then what Sarco would charge a customer in the store. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... The only downfall is the large Mega in the side of the upper...
View Quote

You can get the Mega uppers without the "Mega" on the side straight from [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=168885&w=searchPop]Ibis[/url] on the EE.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You can get the Mega uppers without the "Mega" on the side straight from [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=168885&w=searchPop]Ibis[/url] on the EE.
View Quote

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... The only downfall is the large Mega in the side of the upper...
View Quote

View Quote

that logo is kickass, i wouldnt want one without it!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
that logo is kickass, i wouldnt want one without it!
View Quote

My next purchase is going to be a matched set of Mega Upper and Lower with the logo for an SPR build.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#9]
looks *OK* ???

Mega and Stinger lowers are the absolute NICEST lowers onthe market that I have ever seen.. Absolutely dark-as-soot (this coming from a RRA owner), and it doesn't have those forging seams. and very very smooth.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:16:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I just built a rifle with one of the two Mega lowers I got on the EE. Looks beautifull and went together perfect. Matched it with a kit from M&A. The second one I plan to build with a Mega upper also. Just can't decide what I want to build yet. Barrel choice is giving me fits.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I've seen the Mega ad's from Sarco and was wondering how well they matched-up finish wise with RRA finishes? If You use an RRA upper with a Mega lower are You going to get the "Two-Tone" look?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Hi Guys,
Received my first MEGA lower with parts and I have to tell you - these lowers are nice.  It mated up with my M4 upper perfectly F3 (fit, function, finish).  I've seen other lowers offered with parts, but they were unassembled - parts came separetely in a bag.  

My MEGA lower with parts came assembled and they even went as far as to lube all of the internals, springs, etc. during the assembly.  

If you haven't tried one of these, you should.  I fully intend on getting another.

Just 2cents worth from an owner.

Thanks,
Jim

BTW - I initially had some reservations about the serrated grip panel on the front of the mag well.  Not so anymore - these lowers are super nice, all of the markings are milled and sharp, and the grip panel adds to the looks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top