BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 6:40:59 PM EDT
HELP!

Bought a RRA 2 stage trigger...

**ASSUMED** pins in my bushy lower were the correct size...

In trying to install - it looks like the bushmaster lower pins are ~.154" - the trigger specs call for 0.156.  

Am I done? Do I admit defeat and reassemble stock trigger, or what?

It's a VERY tight fit on the new pins - started to do the whole flintstone thing and just force it, but decided to call out to the pros first...

Anyone else deal with this before?

Help!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Dunno..I just assembled one onto my Bushy lower with no problems. Just a tap got them in place. The biggest problem was getting everything lined up just right for the pins to go through.

I didn't check the dimensions of the old pins vs the new pins, but I believe the package the RR trigger came in indicated that they were oversized pins.

Still..I had zero problems. I also lubed the pins and the pin holes prior to assembling.

Good Shooting
Red
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine were also an extremely tight fit, but after much cursing, I got 'em in, and the trigger works beautifully.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:11:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks folks!

Headed to the garage now!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mine were also an extremely tight fit, but after much cursing, I got 'em in, and the trigger works beautifully.
View Quote

Ditto! Just put one in this morning. It was tight but she works like a charm. (Damn, that almost sounded sexual)
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It was tight but she works like a charm. (Damn, that almost sounded sexual)
View Quote

Hey, almost gave me a woody....but that don't take too much sometimes
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Range report...

MUCH nicer than the stock bushy trigger...

groups were much smaller today than last weekend.

Question though - there seems to be a much more audible "click" on the reset than before... is this normal with 2 stage triggers?

Also, the trigger wants to kind of "drag" and dosn't seem to reset all of the time from the first break if I let off... I know it should, but will it wear in and be smoother over time?

TIA!

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#8]
EncoHK....as you and others have stated, the pins supplied by RRA for their 2-state NM trigger are tight.  I lubed them with Tetra Grease....and taped them in with brass drift pin.  Also..I used a drift pin on the off-side, to act as a lineup guide.  Pins are tight and will definately hold the new stuff in place.

Also...on my bushmaster lover, the bolt would drag on the hammer after round was fired (trigger held to rear).  Bolt would recoil normally...but on forward movement into battery, it would drag on the RRA hammer.

I called RRA...talked to Steve (very helpful gent.)  He relayed that some bushmaster lowers did cause this....he instructed me to slowly take off some of the upper hammer edge with a fine stone.  He stressed slow removal of material.....stone and then try, etc.

It worked...I only had to remove a slight amount...really just polish up the edge.  The bolt now will return to battery with no drag.  
I do like the RRA NM trigger....it and my bushmaster do work well.

I also talked to a RRA parts dealer from the DFW area this past weekend.  He relayed he has several reports from bushmaster owners having a similiar problem.

Also, there is a previous post on this board about the hammer/bolt interface.

Steve at RRA is a wealth of knowledge.

take care....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top