Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2003 8:48:25 PM EDT
Ok I am going to get a kit which stripped lower DPMS mega or Stinger Please comment on the quality thanks!

Justin
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
MEGAS ARE OUTSTANDING! I bought three lowers and one upper.
Clint is great to deal with and you'll get your stuff quickly...plus you can get a matched set of receivers if you plan on assembling your upper yourself. If not, it's OK... the finish is nice and very black...matches my OLY perfectly. Finally, the mega's logo is the COOLEST...though nobody here really cares if their rifle lookks cool right?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The look, fit and finish of the Mega seems to be equal or better than the name brands, but at a much cheaper price.  I've had a chance to meet and talk with Iblis, I think you will find he will take good care of you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Love my Stinger lower.  Next project will be with the Mega lower and matching upper.  As stated above Clinton is great to work with.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#4]
It's hard to beat the Mega's price...I can get stripped Eagle lowers for $100 here in No. Va., so I use those...no FFL to add to the cost.  At some point, I'll probably buy a Mega, just to check 'em out, but I've heard nothing but good things about them so far.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok it has come down t this MODEL 1 where I can get a kit for 400 or JT where it is 450 Can you guys help me out with wich 1 to pic! I have no experience with this, And is it hard to assemble the lower?

Thanks
    Justin
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Go with J&T and you wont be sorry. Excelent service and product.

As for assembly, it took me half an hour to get mine together with the help of this site.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I did a model 1 build one time and after about 200 rounds the casings started sticking and would not eject.  the front sight was also cast.  other than that it was great.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top