Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 3:43:23 AM EDT
Where on the barrel do I find markings that specify twist and chamber?  I took off the handguards but did not see any markings.  This is a fluted 16 inch barrel.  I do know what J&T posts but I want to know if the barrel is marked and where.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The twist rate should be marked in front of the gas block on the fluted bulls (16" we may not have had marked since we only offer 1x8 twist in them), the lightweight tactical's will not be marked (they were ran before Shaw got their nifty marking machine) but they have a 1x9 twist rate.  All of our barrels that have been produced to date are chambered for 5.56.

Jesse
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
One of these days, we'er gong to get you guys at J&T to post us a picture Of the 16" Expeditionary Barrel without the hand guards.

For that matter, I'd be happy to see pics of somebodies 16" expeditionary build.

I wonder if you can get the 16" Expeditionary kit with the weaver rail gas block?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]
One of these days we'll get all our pictures taken and on the site (maybe next overhaul?) Underneath the handguards is standard HBAR diameter, we've been tinkering with the idea of going a bit lighter under the handguards, but no decisions have been made to change it yet.  

If you're wanting to see what one would look like, here is a picture of our Critter Slayer Jr. [img]http://www.star15.com/images/Critterslayerjr.jpg[/img]

As you can see we can do them with the picatinny rail gas block.

Jesse
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks J&T
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top