Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2003 9:21:20 AM EDT
I got a bushmaster varminter front handguard and I am trying to get the front sight off. I have tried using a hammer and punch but I bent the punch trying to get the pins out. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Just be sure your driving the taper pins out in the correct direction.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Man!  I never had that much trouble.

Try setting the barrel assembly in the freezer for a couple of hours, pull it out and try it again.

If that don't work let it come back up to room temp and then apply a little gentle heat and then try again.

You are going out the right side (looking down the sites), correct?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I am pushing it out the right side, although I had to think about it...lol. I will try to put it in the freezer for a while. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I put in in the freezer and still couldn't get it out. Then I heated it and it pushed right out. Thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top