Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 8:35:50 PM EDT
I'd like to build a "varminter" type rifle. I was wondering if any parts kits come with a decent 2 stage trigger and possibly an improved grip. I am pretty sure I would like a two stage trigger and different grip and hate to buy a parts kit and pay for parts I won't use.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out [url=http://webcats.net/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=BBK&Category_Code=K]J&T Distributing[/url]. Their kits have tons of options.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I checked that site but I couldn't find kits with 2 stage triggers-

I am a beginner so I apologize if my terminology is poor. I am planning to buy a stripped lower and most likely a 20 inch BM V match upper. What I am referring to as the "kit" is the package to build the lower that contains the roll pins, trigger, springs and (I thought) the pistol grip. They are pretty cheap anyway, so I guess I could just buy the standard ones I have seen for sale by manufacterers on this site and then buy a 2 stage and pistol grip separate. I just thought if I could save a few bucks what the hell.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok. Sorry about that. You can get a Rock River Arms lower-parts set with their National Match trigger.  I believe it comes with the standard grip though.  You'll have to get your own stock if you go that route.

[url=www.sableco.net/id21.htm]Sable Co.[/url] has the NM lower parts kit listed for $145.

It looks like you'll save about $20 by getting the NM lower kit.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Order a varmint kit from, Model1, M-Aparts, JT etc. and get a RRA NM trigger for $90.00
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#5]
See Armalite as well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#6]
J&T does have the 2 stage trigger option.  Look under "Trigger Group Options" I have good reports on the Jewell trigger and the harris bi-pod.  Just call to make sure they have you "custom parts" before placing order. It can take awhile.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top