Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2003 8:35:31 PM EDT
I just purchased a CMore quad rail float tube.  I need to know what I need to install this.  I'm assuming a set of roll pin punches for the front sight removal, a float tube wrench and a torque wrench.  Anything else?  I have a torque wrench, I'm thinking about the DPMS combo wrench for the float tube wrench.  Anyone have a Cmore quad rail, how hard was it to install?
Also....does the barrel have to be removed to install this?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Large vise and a upper receiver clamp to hold the upper. No you do not need to remove the barrel to install the tube.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:59:59 AM EDT
[#3]
As i remember from installing mine there is a special barrel nut that is supposed to replace your barrel nut then the tube screws onto it.  If thats the case then you'll need to remove the front sight for which you may want to purchase a taper pin punch from brownells (supposedly keeps you from mushrooming the pin heads), you'll also need new pins and a roll pin punch to remove the roll pin from the gas tube, and reciever blocks to hold the upper in a vise.  Hopefully you don't have a brake or muzzle thingy permanently attached, if so you probably need to get it removed so you can slide the FSB off of the barrel.  After you remove the FSB and gas tube use a DPMS or GI combo wrench to loosen the barrel nut and slide the nut off and replace it with the one that came with you FF tube, tighten per the TM.  A strap wrench is a good idea for tightening the tube to the nut as well as some loktite.  Reinstall the FSB, tube and tube roll pin checking for interference between the nut and tube and binding on the carrier key, adjust as necessary. Check zero and you're good to go.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top