Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2003 4:16:22 PM EDT
Does ARMALITE use tapered pins for the front sight assembly?  Bushmaster does and I can clearly see the taper so I know which end goes in from which side but I can't tell on the Armalite sight assembly and I don't want to blast open the small side with the bigger end even if just slihtly.  Thanks in advance SUL2
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry I can't answer your question really, but if you happen to have a reloading caliper, you can check it out - hth - MournSword
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks that's a good idea.  In the interim I just drove 'em home.  No real resistance to make me concerned.  I think it worked out.  Now anyone know if Armalites front sight assemblies are cast of forged?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top