Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2003 7:09:08 PM EDT
I always wanted something close to an XM177E2, so here it is almost done...

The hairy white leg in the above picture is not related.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious what you started with and what changes you made?

I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere I found this thread through the search.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that legal for a post-ban?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I started with a no name heavy bbl.  i turned it done to what looked right to me.  Im not the precision one with machining.  I turned down the bbl btwn the two front sight "hoops" so as to make it look light all the way thru.

It would be legal for post ban if I took the bbl all the way thru to flashider slots.  This will be going on preban colt, so it doesnt really matter.

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice work dude. Parkerize it and you'll be ready to rock.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice work dude. Parkerize it and you'll be ready to rock.
View Quote

Thank you.  [i]Hopefully[/i] everything works alright.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: It would be legal for post ban if I took the bbl all the way thru to flashider slots.  This will be going on preban colt, so it doesnt really matter.
View Quote

Just a word of caution, unless it's an NFA weapon, preban or not, you still need to permanantly attach the flash hider to meet the 16" rule.  But you may already know this.  BATF measures from the end of the fixed muzzle (end of bbl threads or end of permanantly attached muzzle device) to bolt face.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top