Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/10/2003 1:55:14 PM EDT
Well, after starting to really want an AR about 4 months ago, it is finally finished!

FAB-10 lower receiver with 20" HBAR pre-ban Bushmaster A3 upper receiver/barrel assembly, with A2 stock and silent sling. It's simple for now, but I have plans for it, including a bayonet, OKO Reflex sight, and possibly a flare launcher... this will NOT be a lightweight rifle, ever.

The powder coating on the lower receiver is a lot more shiny than the rest of the rifle, but it still looks pretty good, as far as I'm concerned. If it ever starts to really piss me off I'll strip it back and have it black anodized.

Pic
Details

No doubt, I'm hooked.. But I think I'll be customizing the crap out of this one before I buy another.

This list was really helpful, we've got some great people on here. I've been able to gleam some very useful information over the past few months I've been hanging around here. Thanks, guys.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go set my sights to the Improved Battlesights Zero.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Good looking preban FAB10.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know much about the laws in California, so I'm asking: are the people there allowed to have flash suppressors and bayonette lugs on their fixed-10rd-mag rifles?

Edited to add: Yes, I know that God and the Constitution allow those items, but does their elected gov. allow them?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't know much about the laws in California, but are the people there allowed to have flash suppressors and bayonette lugs on their fixed-10rd-mag rifles?
View Quote

You bet! The law here, just like the 1994 AW Ban , bans guns if they have "evil" features [b]if[/b] they have a removeable magazine.

Bending over backwards for the CA DOJ by getting a silly FAB-10 lets me add those evil things.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Neat! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know much about the laws in California, but are the people there allowed to have flash suppressors and bayonette lugs on their fixed-10rd-mag rifles?
View Quote

You bet! The law here, just like the 1994 AW Ban , bans guns if they have "evil" features [b]if[/b] they have a removeable magazine.

Bending over backwards for the CA DOJ by getting a silly FAB-10 lets me add those evil things.[:D]
View Quote

How long before THAT "loophole" is closed.

Nice rifle leelaw.  Enjoy it.

How much money you get from your web site?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

How long before THAT "loophole" is closed.

Nice rifle leelaw.  Enjoy it.

How much money you get from your web site?
View Quote

I'm surprised it wasnt closed yet... but as long as it is open, I plan to use it for my benefit. I haven't gone out to fire it yet, but wow.. I love it already!

As for the donations form the site.. I put it up there more as a joke than expecting any money, though I have received a whole $20 from a friend who envys me for the rifle. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Good job leelaw.  I like your FAQ. [:D]

Steak is murder.[ROFL2]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#8]
i hope i'm wrong, and i dont' mean to rain on your parade, so don't take it that way.

BUT,

the 94 AWB, which is a [b]federal[/b] law, states that an assualt weapon is a weapon that has more than two of the following items.

1. a detachable magazine
2. a pistol grip
3. a collaspable stock
4. a bayonet lug
5. a grenade launcher
6. a flash suppressor, or a threaded bbl to accomodate a flash suppressor.

am i wrong? if so, i'll admit it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice looking.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:23:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i hope i'm wrong, and i dont' mean to rain on your parade, so don't take it that way.

BUT,

the 94 AWB, which is a [b]federal[/b] law, states that an assualt weapon is a weapon that has more than two of the following items.

1. a detachable magazine
2. a pistol grip
3. a collaspable stock
4. a bayonet lug
5. a grenade launcher
6. a flash suppressor, or a threaded bbl to accomodate a flash suppressor.

am i wrong? if so, i'll admit it.
View Quote

2. A semiautomatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of -
   (1) a folding or telescopic stock;
   (2) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the
    weapon;
   (3) a bayonet mount;
   (4) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a
   flash suppressor; and
   (5) a grenade launcher;
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice rifle, leelaw.  Cool site too.

BTW, the federal "Assault Weapons" ban and similar laws in California are exactly why the FAB-10 exists, so yes it's legal.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#12]
M4-guy

Nice rifle, leelaw. Cool site too.

BTW, the federal "Assault Weapons" ban and similar laws in California are exactly why the FAB-10 exists, so yes it's legal.  
View Quote

I know that's [i]why[/i] the FAB-10 exsists. All I'm saying is I've never seen any post-ban lower that could host a pre-ban uppper.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I know that's [i]why[/i] the FAB-10 exsists. All I'm saying is I've never seen any post-ban lower that could host a pre-ban uppper.
View Quote

Then this must be a first for you. [:D]

You've probably never seen it because you've never bothered with anything aside from "real" ARs, ie: lowers without sealed magwells, pop rivets and bolts.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#14]
leelaw:

Then this must be a first for you.
View Quote

It is a first. I was only going by the "count" of evil features.

I learned something new today.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top