Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 7:56:43 AM EDT
I should be receiving my Model "1" kit (CAR-15) in the next couple days.  I have virtually zero experience with the AR, but I definately see that this is going to be addictive.  I guess my questions are:

1) What else will I need, or would come in handy during the initial build?  Here is a list of the tools that I have:
     - Brownells Magna-Tip Set
     - Roll Pin Punch Set
     - Roll Pin Installation Tool Set
     - Pivot Pin Installation Tool
     - USMC Tech Manual
     - Various other tools
  2) What should I be extra carefull of as I build.
  3) After building when I go out to the range for the first time do I need to worry about blowing myself up?  
  4) What sort of cleaning process is recommended?  
  5) What break-in process should I follow?

Sorry for being so ignorant about all this stuff, but I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You will need a lot of patience if you machine out a partial completed lower.If you buy your lower already completed you won't have a hard job at all.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top