Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2003 7:53:45 AM EDT
I am far from an expert on AR15's therefore could some advise me if I purchase a pre-ban lower can I build an AR15 utilizing pre-ban parts?  If so, can anyone advice where I might be able to purchase a preban lower.  My goal is to build an M4 with an 11.5" barrel and collasible stock.

Thank-you all for your assistance.

Steve
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#1]
wait for the AWB to sunset and then ya can get any lower for a realistic price..reason preban prices are so high..cause ppl are willing to pay it..seen sum rifles goin for 2000bux..lol.and yet the dont shoot any betta than a postban..i say wait for sept..unless ya really gotta have it now.otherwise, sell a kidney an look on the EE
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind that a preban lower is ONLY preban if it either left the factory as a complete rifle or, if it was sold as a stripped part, it was assembled as a complete rifle prior to the ban taking effect AND YOU CAN PROVE IT.

Where to find one? Keep an eye on the Equipment Exchange column on this site. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You also mentioned 11.5" barrel.  If you plan on only having an 11.5" barrel it would have to be registered as a Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) with the ATF. (see m16 full auto section)

If you are going to use a 11.5" barrel with an attached / welded on 5.5" flashhider you will be okay.

TS
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top