Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2003 8:28:44 PM EDT
I saw a ad for a M16 upper w/o the foward asst. is it legal to have a M16 upper on a post ban? If not, are there any companys that make post ban uppers w/out a foward asst.? I was thinking about a Vietnam era project, 16" barrel with a fake flash suppersor, no foward asst. upper, and a pinned collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Your vision is completely legal, the actual upper receiver doesn't matter, only the barrel configuration (no bayonet mount, flash suppressor).
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:46:29 AM EDT
[#2]
You could just buy an SP1 upper. They come without the forward assist. I just bought one recently with the 20" length barrel for my vietnam version. I also purchased a early A1 butt stock without the trap door to go on it. I'm going to have Jayson at IGF put on a Wilson Combat muzzle brake and do the conversion for me. He charges $130 plus $18 for shipping to do the conversion and refinish your complete rifle.

Sarge
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top