Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2003 7:18:13 PM EDT
Ok gang,

I used to be a company armorer back in the 70's so I think I can do this.  I've read the AR15 primer and am wondering if you would go with the  Model 1 Sales or one of the other companies that sell stripped lowers and complete upper kits.  

Any suggestions?

Big AL
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If it were me, I would go with J&T Distributing, if you're going to build a rifle.  I have read more positive responses about J&T than Model 1, plus I got my kit from J&T[:D].  Just get a quality, forged stripped lower and you're on your way.  Good luck!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
GSSP,

It depends on what you are looking to build.  If you are looking for a typical A2 style rifle, then go with J&T Distributing.  The service they seem to provide is outstanding.  If you are looking to go with a chrome barrel, you may want to look around.  

My next build is going to be a 20" A3 (removable carry handle).  I want something a little different, so I will be going with an Olympic Arms SS barrel for something that will shoot just a little better.  This gives me the option of throwing on optics and changing the platform later on.

The rest of my AR15s have chrome barrels, so I guess I am just looking for something different with this build.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top