Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 1:28:34 PM EDT
Has anyone used this? It's a solid pin that replaces the cotter pin for retaining the firing pin.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The cotter pin was a replacement for the solid design in the 60's.  Both work well, but the cotter pin is a lot cheaper to replace during the life of the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Somebody was just asking about these but I can't find the topic.  He was going to get a couple and report back.

Never heard nutin.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=159306[/url]

That was you Steve.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#4]
The cotter pin can  be removed by hooking the corner of a fingernail under the loop of the cotter pin.

How hard is it to remove the solid pin?  Any problems?

thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Not really a problem removing the old style, you just drive it out from the other side until you can get your finger nail under the edge.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]

I've got some dental picks in my toolbox. The hooked ones work great for pulling the retainer.
FWIW.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't going to fool w/ the things initially, but saw their ad in Shotgun news, and the 3fer price.  If I use 'em, maybe when I drop the damn thing on the rug, I'll be able to find it again.

Darn sure can't find those cotter pins[;D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Del-ton sent an email, the pins are currently on back-order.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top