Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 12:34:29 PM EDT
took my new bushy 24" a2 to the range for breakin yesterday.  i don't remember it packing the recoil it did.  is this due to the 24" barrel and ak muzzle brake?  the ammo was lake city gi stuff and cycled flawlessly for 280 rnds.  i was really pleased w/ the weapon and am wondering if my memory back from the vietnam days is distorted.  thanx, rick
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you elaborate on what you consider recoil ?
If you mean the sound. The AK  style brake makes quite a bit of cuncusion and noise, but should controll any undesirable muzzle climb.
If you mean the rifle moving backwards into you'r shoulder. I've never noticed any differance between my "20 & "24 barreled rifles.
Maybee shoot something in a higher caliber. Someone at the range will have a .308 or 30-06 they'll let you krack a round out of. That will make you're .223 feel nice and soft.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top