Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2003 5:37:38 AM EDT
My new AR kit is all together and waiting to be shot.
The kit came in without the magazine catch.
It should come in this week and I will be able to install it and the spring.
In the mean time I woud like to shoot this thing.
I really don't want to have to wait until next Sunday to give a it a try.
Does anyone know if it woud be ok to "hold" the mag in with my under it and shoot the rifle as a single shot?
Sounds ok to me but I don't want to screw anything up. This is my 1st AR.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:42:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally I'd wait for the parts. Leaving yourself open for a jam by holding the mag in with your hand. If you must shoot before next week simply load 1 round at a time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks thinman
I guess I shoud have asked this way.....
Can I shoot my rifle as a single shot by inserting 1 round in the chamber and closing the bolt by either holding the mag in or without a mag?
thanks
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course you can. You don't need a mag up there to do that. You just lose the last shot bolt open feature. I would worry about pushing the mag up there too far without the catch in place and having the bolt slamming into the back of it, ruining those feed lips. Don't use the mag.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top