Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 3:14:03 PM EDT
I have a Bushy H Bar with the step down on the end. what kind of Brake should I use to get the best controll ?  I gess it has to be a slip over type.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The finest AR 'smith out there lives right in Florida... send it off to Kurt at KKF and have it done up right... His work is very reasonable in price and beyond first rate in quality...

[url]www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm[/url]

Two of my AR's with A3 TacBrakes...

[img]img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/122167/BCQLRVWSAKNVVYJDKUJS-KKF02.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Dark Star

What is the noise level with the A3 tac like? Say compared to a naked muzzel. A few of my firends have Bushy M4s and the Mini Y comp is not a lot of fun to be around.

Gunner45

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Gunner, the noise level actually doesn't increase, it's the redirection of the sound/blast that some find annoying...

Gasses and blast are normally directed downrange, a brake changes that.  The A3 does redirect some blast when compared with a bare muzzle, but due to the difference in design, it's not in the manner of the Mini Y... The A3 creates a different report that I don't find annoying... I don't much like the Mini Y, but love the A3.  There is simply no muzzle rise with the A3.  Kurt's A2 version is the same for blast redirection, the A3 was designed for 14 1/2" barrels to keep them legal... [;)]

Any sort of brake or flash suppressor is a trade-off, but the Kurt's brakes are well designed and seem to keep blast/report to a minimum when compared to most brakes on the market...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:06:55 AM EDT
[#4]
They appear to only divert upwards and not to the sides which should cut down on the noise.

Ummm? Interesting.

Thanks Darkstar.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]
TJ, the only drawback I've seen with the A3 and the 14 1/2" LW barrel is during hip firing with the AR held in close you end up getting a bit of the diverted gas flow in the face... People who think Wolf ammo stinks should get a sniff that way... yuck... [;)]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:53:54 AM EDT
[#6]
the best brake i have used. is the LEVANG MUZZLE BRAKE..do a serch on brownells and youll see what it looks like..it directs everything out front and helps muzzle rise, and sound (sum) and flash (cuts way down)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top