Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 9:10:13 AM EDT
I've decided to build an AR.  I scored a DPMS stripped lower a week ago.  I've ordered the kit to complete the rifle.  While I'm waiting for the kit to arrive I find myself handling the lower receiver, visualizing the sights that will one day be there when the upper is attached, imagining the sound of the bolt closing on a fresh mag, and wrapping my hand around the pistol grip & slipping my finger into the trigger guard.  

Is this that dreaded Black Rifle Disease?  Am I scarred for life?  Will I henceforth be known as one of "them"?  

Also, there's something inside me that can't wait to see the look on my Mom's face!

Mom: "Why would you need a gun like that?"

Me: "What does 'need' have to do with it?"
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Trust me, it's only gonna get worse.....

Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#2]
You are in the initial stage of BRD.
The only way to be cured at this point is to send all the parts to me. If you fail to do so right now, you will never be able to return to a normal life again.

I'm in the process of building out my first pre-ban. I just sent off the money yesterday, and today bought another upper to customize. Ordered parts to get started.

I've built out several post-bans. I sold all but 2 of them. finally got these two to what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've decided to build an AR.  I scored a DPMS stripped lower a week ago.  I've ordered the kit to complete the rifle.  While I'm waiting for the kit to arrive I find myself handling the lower receiver, visualizing the sights that will one day be there when the upper is attached, imagining the sound of the bolt closing on a fresh mag, and wrapping my hand around the pistol grip & slipping my finger into the trigger guard.  

Is this that dreaded Black Rifle Disease?  Am I scarred for life?  Will I henceforth be known as one of "them"?  

Also, there's something inside me that can't wait to see the look on my Mom's face!

Mom: "Why would you need a gun like that?"

Me: "What does 'need' have to do with it?"
View Quote

haha yea my dad saw my lower with the stock and he was military so he knew what it was.  Only thing he had to say was that i was dangerous and he thought they cost way more than they do so I got a little talk on that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, you could send me that upper as well.  Then I could finish my lower that I have sitting in the safe.  I'm on the "one-piece-at-a-time" AR build.

Man that was fast, you were just talking about maybe getting one a week or so ago and you have it on order already...you'll be done before me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Hello.

My name is Halfcocked and I'm...I'm...

I'm an AR-coholic.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Both will only get worse......

Your Black Fever, cure, MORE ARs!

The negative reaction, cure, ENJOY!

A bad guy doesn't back down from a guy with a cake in his hand.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#7]
BigIck: I sat down to figure the quickest route from point A to point B, based on my budget & experience level.  I'll get exotic on my next one (Don't tell my wife I said "next!").  I got the lower from GunFan up in Columbia, along with a personal lesson in how things go together.

Tomorrow I'll order a few mags, then I may be shooting this weekend.  If so, I'll be sure to give you a heads-up!  I'll need to take Bob M. out and get him infected with BRD too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Good luck fighting off the desease. It all started innocently enough, just one rilfe, a mag or two here or there. Now I am up to my eyeballs in parts and acessories. It is a beautiful thing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I think you're just horny.

Go find yourself a womenz.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Were you peeking through my living room window???Cuz I just picked up my lower yesterday & was doing the same thing
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top