Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2003 5:09:18 PM EDT
At the risk of potentially rehashing an old subject, can any of you folks recommend a good place to get an AR-15 kit from at a reasonable price?  My Bushmaster is lonely for a sibling, and I want to try my hand at building an AR from scratch without spending a million dollars on a prebuilt gun.  I see parts kits advertised in Shotgun News, but I have no idea who's good and who's not-so-good.  Postban 20" A2 config--nothing fancy, just the basics.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the Dealers Forums on the [url=ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=2]Industry Board[/url]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Try [url]www.jtdistributing.com[/url].  I recently ordered a 16" CAR kit from them.  The quality is excellent and the upper matches my Eagle Arms lower perfectly!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Try [url]www.jtdistributing.com[/url].  I recently ordered a 16" CAR kit from them.  The quality is excellent and the upper matches my Eagle Arms lower perfectly!!!
View Quote

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. J&T for me! Just completed my first kit from them. Went smooth.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#4]
J&T for me too.

I love mine!!!

[img]http://www.burnerblog.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_inventory%20002.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.burnerblog.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12]My J&T kit build pictures.[/url]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had good luck with Model 1 sales. They are always at my local gunshows and I can deal in person. Never did any business through the mail with them though. www.model1sales.com.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#6]
J&T gets the votes, and Model 1 Sales is mentioned.  I'll check them both out online, and see who shows up at the next couple Dallas area funshows.  Thanks for the input!

Nice pictures, Edge--very illustrative!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top