Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 4:56:22 PM EDT
I am considering buying a j&t upper mabey a varmint or heavy barrel I just wondered how they shoot I want a gun for varmint and target shooting will these uppers shoot that good?
Thanks Mike
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I built a 20" J&T A2 kit.  It's one of the finest rifles in my collection. I can't say more about both the quality of the barrell and the smooth pull of the Colt trigger system.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed: My J&T 20" is a sweet and accurate shooting rifle!  I'm very impressed with it in every regard.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Like the other Posters Posted, my J& T in exceptional, Quality and Accuracy All the Way, And True What TJ said about the Sweet "Colt" trigger, very good trigger.

Since you are interested in a Varmint Gun J &T has Dedicated Varmint Rifles With the longer 24 inch barrels and all the bells & whistles.
Check them out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I assembled two J&T's, both 16", chrome moly barrels. One fluted HBAR and one SP1 configuration, both with Kurt's A2TacBrakes. Both are very accurate. Additionally, the triggers that came with these kits were excellent. Definitely harder to clean than chrome lined though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Went together like a charm - great quality and very responsive customer service.

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a 20" A2 and have been very happy with it.  The handguards did not fit as well as I like so they sent me two other pairs to try.  I found a pair I liked and sent the others back.  An example of good customer service.  I give them a thumbs up.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have on of J&T's 20" bbl kits. With the American Eagle ammo, the best group that I shot was well under 1/2". One bit of advice though. I was not too happy with the trigger that came with the kit. Groups were horrible. I replaced it with a RRA NM 2 Stage. I have never been happier, group size shrunk, trigger control is so much better.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have J&T's 16" and 24" stainless heavy barreled uppers (one that I bought just as an upper, and one as a complete kit).  I recommend them highly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I built a 16" fluted bull barrel J&T kit and their quality is definately top notch.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#10]
My first build was a JT CAR 16"that went together great. Yesterday I ordered a 20" heavy match barreled upper with NM handguards and picatinny gas block with flat-top upper. Can't wait for that baby to get here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Put together a J&T m4gery kit. Sweet set up. No problems what so ever.

I'll buy from them again.

BRJ
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#12]

I built a J&T 16" CAR kit on a Continental Machine Tool lower. Looks and shoots great!

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the 16" barrel from J&T that has double star marked on it. It is actually made by Shaw. It has made my AR one of the finest tuned weapons in my collection.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top