Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2003 10:23:25 PM EDT
I have a preban lower with a preban barrel.My postban lower has a better trigger in it. It would be nice to use the upper on both lowers. The barrel has a brake and shoots great. I don't want to effect the accuracy. What can be done to make it legal on both lowers?
Thanks for any ideas.
VM
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a pre-ban Oly barrel that I turned into a post-ban unit. I removed the bayo-lug and had a gunsmith cut the threads off the barrel and re-crown the unit. no problems
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
uh there may be a problem with that if the threads themself make the gun 16", so if ya cut, ya have a whole new set of problems to deal with.lol..what i did was cut bayo off and have shop weld/silver solder a levang comp muzzle brake on the end..
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I had mine cut and crowned. I removed the gasblock/front sight assembly and installed a railed gasblock.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:28:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ya have a whole new set of problems to deal with.lol

Yep, forgot to add, watch out for barrel length, I went from 24 to 18 so I had a little fudge factor.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Put it in the closet and age it for 16 months...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top