Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 5:43:12 PM EDT
I finally got my eagle lower/j&t m-4 kit to the range last sunday. What a great time I had shooting this little baby! Why I waited this long to get one is beyond me...of course, now I am hooked and already thinking of what my next project AR will be.
I only had two problems that showed up a couple times over 220 rounds downrange.
The bolt failed to lock back when the mag was empty something like three times.
The magazine did not lock up a couple times and dropped down just a hair while shooting.
Are these related problems and are they related to the magazine and not the bolt, or ???
Otherwise, the rifle shot great, but when I went to the range I was ill prepared (brought no staple gun for the targets and no bino's for spotting. ( I am too used to going to the indoor pistol range.)
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Mike
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
i've had problems with the magazine not fully locking in when using thermolds.  what kind of mags are you using?  an out of spec magazine might result in the bolt not locking back to.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top