Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 2:34:49 PM EDT
Hi guys
I know you really don't like business bashing but I think we owe it to the public to make sure we only buy stuff from reputable firms.
The customer service from DMPS is one of the worse I have ever run across.
I was so excited about the posibility of building an AR I couldn't wait for the kit to come in.
I called them after 8 weeks and was told it would take 3 to 4 more weeks.
It is now 12 weeks and I called again and they said it was ready but I want a compensator so a few more weeks.
When I said that the salesman said a day or two extra for the compensator the customer service rep got beligerant.When I said that the CS is terrible and that he I just caught him lying to me he said "well then we can arrange to cancel it if your not happy with the service.
Well he took all the fun out of this so now I don't want an AR and ended up cancelling the order.
Now I have to find a reputable place to order a kit and start all over.
Any suggestions???
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry to hear about you situation.  You could always order a kit from [url=http://www.jtdistributing.com/]J&T[/url] and build your AR.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
You can bet your bottom dollar No one at J& T would talk to a customer that way, if you dont want a Chrome barrel thier is no reason to shop anywhere else than J& T.

I wanted to buy a DPMS kit back in January but when they did not answer not even one of my Four E-mails i knew it was not a company i wanted to do business with, so i spent my Money with J& T , no regrets.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a group order right now being put together for a J&T: I have one, and will be getting TWO MORE in the next month or so!  I really like their product, and they are very accessible via phone.  OH... and they are represented in the Industry forum, and Jesse of J&T checks it daily.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
J&T.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
I called J&T today just to get the info straight for the rifle I want to build, so I could get in on the group buy.
They were so good to talk to and said they could ship the kit I wanted today. The 5% savings was worth the "ship it today"--so I ordered it.
Now I got that ole excitement back.
I will probably get it Saturday or Monday.
Sorry Chuck, but the desire got the better of me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#6]
You're going to love it!  It's so fun building AR's, I'm now addicted!  I find myself getting something for mine every week!!!

Good luck with yours, and let's hope you can keep your spending down once you get yours!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#7]
merc68,

Please see this link and be advised you need to take this up with DPMS.  Please consider this a warning.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?b=3&f=4&id=175[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#8]
QCMGR, with all due and reverent respect, can you please tell me why [url=http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=158829&page=4&w=myTopicPop]this thread[/url] is okay, while merc68's experience with DPMS is not?  I'm not trolling or trying to stir the pot: I'm rather new to the board, and would like to know the difference.

Personally, I see more problems in the RGUNS thread than in this one.  Merc68 had a problem, it was resolved, and now he's happy.  The RGUNS thread, on the other hand, is a throw-down slug-fest.

Just wondering...  [;)]

And PLEASE, please know that I'm not trying to question your authority.  I KNOW that modding is a tough job: I mod on two boards, and it's not easy.  I'm just wondering.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Edge767,

It is a fair question.  XxSLASHERxX posted an announcement, "NO MORE BUSINESS BASHING!"

merc68 starts out his post:

[b]Hi guys
I know you really don't like [red]business bashing[/red] but I think...[/b]

If the RGUNS post was here I would do the same.  To quote XxSLASHERxX:

"If you have a problem with a dealer or business, work it out by email or telephone."

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.[;)]

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#10]
[:)]

Sounds good to me.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi QC
hey sorry about the way it came out.
I should have chosen my words differently.
I really didn't mean to slam anyone.
I wanted to point out a problem to try to help the other AR forum readers.
J&T are excellent vendors.
They shipped my kit in 3 days.
I read everything I can from you guys to avoid problems.
I thought I was sharing something to help everyone else avoid problems.
My intentions were good--I guess I went about it wrong.
Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
DPMS is a good company.  It is not a very large company.  They are very busy and you have to understand that they are often at the mercy of their suppliers.  That is why often deadlines are not met.  My Varminter upper was a special order.  It took six months.  Was I upset, no.  It was worth the wait.  They have been very helpful with my questions.  If anything, you should have taken this up with either Paul or Dustin on the Industry Forum by emailing them with your concerns.  Next time, try one of their authorized distributors such as AlsCustom on this board.  You will find cheaper prices for DPMS rifles and parts and superlative service.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top