Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 4:37:03 PM EDT
It's time to put together another J&T Group buy. I've been putting it off for a little while. J&T was waiting on barrels and I had a few backorders outstanding but those are shipping as we speak. I have had to make a few minor changes from the original pricing structure. As in the initial group buy, the discount is %5 off the J&T web price with free shipping to you. This applies to complete kits and uppers. The %5 discount doesn't apply to certain upgrades like the Chrome M-4 barrel & the carry handles or certain spare parts. The upgrades are at cost already, I get no additional discount so if I apply the %5 to these items, I actually take a loss (& I have been). It may seem a little confusing so here is an example: Basic 16" Post Ban Carbine kit, your choice of A-2 Upper or Flat-top Upper, Your choice of CAR stock or A-2 stock. $449.95 minus %5 ($22.50) Your cost delivered to you $427.45 You decide on the flat-top upper and add the $65 carry handle option, your new total is $427.45 + $65 = $492.45.
This may not be the case for all options, Otis cleaning kits receive a %5 discount, some other accessories may as well when ordered with a kit. Email me your wants and I'll detail it for you.
I will accept Paypal payments if you like, it negates the discount somewhat as there is an additional charge of  %3 + .30 cents on the total of your order. As in the beginning, email me with what kit and features that you want, I'll confirm your price, email you back with all my contact info and where to send payment. Send me a M/O or Bank Draft. I hold your funds until the order ships. I literally place your check in the safe, if something happens up to the day your order ships from J&T, I will return your payment. If something is going to be backordered for a while, your kid gets sick, you wreck your car or your wife finds out your buying another gun related item, you're covered. I haven't had to refund anyone's payment yet and I'd like to keep it that way so please keep that in mind before ordering. Also, if you feel the need to send payment certified mail & return receipt, you can. It adds to your bottom line cost and it isn't necessary, I haven't run off with anyone's money yet. Plus it delays things somewhat because I have to take off work to get to the P.O. to sign for it. For piece of mind, use the cheaper delivery confirmation, it's 35 cents if I recall. You can track delivery of your payment and it will benefit us both if the P.O. looses the envelope. You'll know that it made it to my box. As other folks who have ordered will tell you, I email you regular updates along with the UPS tracking number of your order. I ship kits out the same day I receive them. As a result, I limit 5 kits per group order, it takes some time to open, inspect & match-up kits with the owner, reseal, label for UPS. 5 is about all I can handle from drop-off time to pick-up time.

Please understand the difference between pre-ban and post-ban configurations, you are responsible for staying legal.

If you need any accessories like the Otis cleaning kits, tools, spare parts & springs, GG&G items, etc. check with me, J&T carries a good selection of items & it's best to order with your kit.
Something new that J&T has added is the ACE ARFX & ARFX-E skeleton stocks, this is the same stock that Bushmaster is putting on their 25th anniversary rifle. It is only a $40 upgrade!  I've requested that they add Hiperform carbon fiber handguards, Hogue Grips and A.R.M.S. products to their inventory, I hope they will do so in the future.
Please contact me directly at [email protected], I will not respond to posts in this forum, but I will respond to emails quickly. Thanks everyone.

Edited to add:
If it is possible for you to receive shipments at your place of work, I prefer to ship to a business. It is a little cheaper and someone has to sign for it. I don't have to worry with UPS dropping it on you porch and the neighbor kid running off with it, or leaving it at your neighbor's house and they open it and call the cops to welcome you home. All kits ship in plain brown boxes, the shipper info is obscure and if you tell them it's car parts, no one will know otherwise. I will request an Adult Signature on all residential deliveries which means if UPS finds no one home, it will ride in the truck until they do which is a bummer when your waiting on something cool like a J&T kit!

Edited 5-8 to add:
Received & shipped an order today, those of you who were part of that order have your tracking numbers. I was a bit disappointed to find that J&T didn't use the custom cut stroyfoam packaging as in the past. I called them about it and was told the the cost of the custom styrofoam was adding too much to their shipping costs. Although the kits were well packaged, I am sorry to see this extra little bonus go. But I'm sure they have to do what's neccessary to remain competative. I've emailed all of you who enquired about the next order, looking forward to getting the next batch on the way. Thanks.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi Chuck,

New to this board but I am very interested.

I will email you with what I am looking to order.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey all, just wanted to say that I was in on Chuck's first J&T group buy, and wouldn't do it any other way.  The savings on shipping alone were serious, but the extra 5% really sealed the deal.

Chuck's a class act, the deal is worthwhile, and the J&T product is super nice.  

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
[cuss][banghead]

Arghhhhhhh!!!  I just spent $500+ on optics and mounts for my J&T Kit this week.

Maybe I can get in on the next purchase!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
ordered my j&t kit 8 days ago and CC has yet to be charged, I'll try to cancel it tomorrow and get on this.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh crap... dare I try to slip another AR past the wife?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]
[b][center]Oh crap... dare I try to slip another AR past the wife?[/b][/center]

ditto!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]
As a happy particpant in Chuck's 1st J&T Group Buy, let me say this: Chuck is a great guy to deal with.  I'd bet it's easier going through Chuck then buying from J&T yourself.

Chuck - I'm still holding out hope for some J&T lightweight barrels!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Chuck,

Glad to see this post up!  I will be emailing you with my order.  I cant wait!!!

alkoe
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Go to the gun shows J&T vends at if possible and deal with them directly. If you show up with cash you might just get out of there with a hell of a deal. Any way you choose to work it, the J&T people are top notch.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I was just planning on purchasing an AR-15.   This might be the way to go!

What Do I have to do to get in on this?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm in on the current in-process group buy, and so far I can vouch for Chuck's attention to detail.  Lots of prompt updates, professional, and easy to do business with!  According to his last update, he should have the kits today, so I should have it by next week!  No complaints so far...and if the everything else goes this well, I'll definitely order w/ Chuck again.

--Otter
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Added a little update to the initial post.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought three kits and an upper through Chuck's group buys.  He runs a first-class operation.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Is the group-buy on this still available, or did I miss the window?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I am new to the site (this morning).  Is it still possible to get in on your group buy?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Since this got bumped near the top, let me vouch for Chuck's group buys!  Chuck is great to deal with...very good communication, timely shipment, handles customer concerns very professionally.

I would highly recommend doing business with Chuck if you want a J&T kit.  

--Otter

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I will ditto that comment 110%!  Chuck was great in communications and deliverly all the way.  My kit arrived in less than 2 weeks from the time I sent him my payment.  If you want a JT kit this is definitely the way to go.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Well since this got bumped to the top, I'll chime in. J&T is making a few changes, price increases etc. I'm waiting to get the low down. The earliest I'll be taking another order will be the first week in June. The upgrade to a post-ban chrome lined M-4 barrel has increased from $50 to $90 this is due to the cost of the post-ban muzzle brake. The cost of the ARFX stocks has increased from $40 to $65. Apparently J&T had some misunderstanding with Ace on their pricing structure. There is some increase in shipping costs as well. There have been a number of new folks answering the phone there & they have made a few mistakes in shipping stuff. My guess is that they are having to add staff to keep up with demand due to the looming AWB renewal. At present I've got two outstanding backorders with them whcih should be filled in time for the next order period. I will keep everyone updated.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#19]
i will probably be looking to buy my first around the last week in june,i am going to buy a J&T. will i be able to get in your next group buy, you mentioned first week in june? if not the next one after that?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:38:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Im really interested in a kit

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I am in for a kit! let me know how and when!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:19:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I am drooling already.

I need to raid my piggy bank and then I'm in like Flynn.

I want, I want, I want....

Panz
[bounce]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm posting here to keep informed of this group buy.

I'll need to check my finances in June...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Im looking to build one from a kit and I would like to get in on this J&T group buy also. I need to get that pre-ban complete CAR-15 upper w/ tele buttstock the works. Im gonna buy the lower somewhere else. Ill get the total figured out and ill keep checking this thread.

-HK
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I was also in on his first group buy. He kept everyone very updated and I felt it was worth the wait to save the extra 60 or so bucks that I did.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:01:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm interested in a new upper. Just let me know what I have to do. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Please Email or IM me when you are ready to start another
I am ready to get a 20" A-2 kit
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Mail sent.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I am interested in the group kit buy. Ready to order.

Are chrome lined barrels available in the 16" carbine, post ban with crowned muzzle?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am interested in the group kit buy. Ready to order.

Are chrome lined barrels available in the 16" carbine, post ban with crowned muzzle?
View Quote

Nope.  You can get chrome on the M4 profile barrels only - at present.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top