Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2003 2:07:32 PM EDT
I am going to try and build me an ar-15 and have noticed that the stripped lowers from different brands have different price tags on them. For instance, I have noticed that the olympic lowers sell for $115.00 while the bushmaster ones sell for $150.00, and they are both forgings. I have seen some other forgings go for less than $100.00. What's the difference and can someone clarify what the higher and lower shelves are inside the receiver and which ones have the high and which ones have the low shelves? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I think alot has to do with the name on the side of the receiver.If you don't care about the name on the side, you can get the same forged receiver RRA and DPMS uses with the Century name on it for $80
[url]http://www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=211140[/url]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Those forged C-15 Century receivers are top notch stuff. I built up a carbine on one last year and just last Friday I put in another order for one at $88 to do a standard 20" rifle. It mates well to a Model 1 kit and is highly reliable with Wolf ammo on up to the surplus military stuff. Or if you're into panthers and cobras kick out the $150 for the same receiver.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top