Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2003 8:56:41 PM EDT
hi,
i'm looking for a little help. i just finished a ar15 and wanted to build another one but in .308. i had a couple of questions.

-can i use a regular ar15 lower and upper or do i have to get a .308 specific one?

-are there any resources for this build. i know there was a lower step by step on this web site some where.

-what other parts might i need. is there a list?

-where is a good place to get parts for this build.

thanks for any help

aC
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
An AR10.  Seriously, you can't build a .308 on an AR15 platform.  ASA might sell you a .308 kit, but I'm pretty sure that Armalite/Eagle Arms only sell complete rifles.  The only other AR-10 type design is the Knights Armament SR-25.  No kits, rifles only.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You need an AR10 lower reciever.  .308 simply won't fit into the AR15 magwell.

An AR15 upper won't fit on an AR10 lower, so you need one of those as well.

Of course, the barrel is different [:)]

I believe that the furniture is interchangeable, except maybe the handguard...  Not positive about that.  Fire control parts should also be interchangeable.

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Armalite sells their AR10 lowers.

You can get an 80% AR10 lower from [url]www.kristitool.com[/url]

They are having some BBQ dates in the near future where youcan finish off your 80%...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
DPMS is making a 308. I've handled one and it looks real nice. [url]www.dpmsinc.com[/url]

Are you wanting to put together a rifle from parts or machine your own lower?

Rick
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
i was thinkin of completeing a 80% lower. is there plans or infomation out there?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top