Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2003 8:52:01 PM EDT
Well I got my first AR15 together in one piece, but one thing concerns me. If I cycle the hammer with the trigger held, it disconects, but when I release the trigger, I hear a snap and the hammer moves a bit. I can then pull the trigger and drop the hammer normally. Is this simply a normal AR15 function? Should I be concerned?

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Perfectly normal!
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
if it dosent make that noise something is broke.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want the psuedo technical answer.  The hammer is catching on the disconnector, the thing that keeps it from going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, then when you let go of the trigger the popping noise is the sound of the hammer then catching on the sear.  All very normal.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top