Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2003 5:49:28 PM EDT
Looking for opinions on the best lower parts kit out there.

I can find:
DPMS
Bushmaster
Armalite
Rock River

Whats yaulls favs?  And why?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River NM Kit.

Went together like a dream and the two stage trigger breaks like a glass rod.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You have a good list to start. Stay away from ASA and the other "parts" companies. Many if not all of their parts are Chinese.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Model 1 Sales is my choice....
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info...does Model 1 parts have a website?

Link Posted: 4/29/2003 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I've built two lowers using RRA parts kits and was very impressed with the quality of their parts.  Today I rebuilt my newly remanufactured preban Olympic lower using a DPMS parts kit that I purchased from [url]www.cmmginc.com[/url].  I am extremely impressed with the quality of this parts kit too.  I say stick with either the DPMS ($59) or the RRA ($56).  They are both quality parts and reasonably priced.

Link Posted: 4/29/2003 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Those of you with RRA and DPMS experience, what in your kit was plastic?  I recently spoke with Fulton about their parts kit ($75) and they felt their parts really very premium, noting they are all metal (like the trigger guard being of aluminum and metal mag catch button).  They have the parts made by the same vendor that does the colt M16A2 & M4 production for FN and Colt.  They also noted a no BS 100% satisfaction guarantee that they take very seriously.

What are the RRA and DPMS kits like exactly?  Any plastic parts?  Anyone use a Fulton kit and one of these others -- did you see a difference for your $15 or $20 more?

-Dan
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The only plastic part in my RRA kit was the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I recently spoke with Fulton about their parts kit ($75) and they felt their parts really very premium, noting they are all metal (like the trigger guard being of aluminum and metal mag catch button).  Any plastic parts?  
-Dan
View Quote

See if you can get the hook out of your mouth for a minute - then go to Brownells.com and order the DPMS parts kit - it's all metal too (except for the pistol grip)

Or... order from my buds at CMMG - great service - same quality DPMS lower parts - No plastic either (except for the pistol grip)
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Xanadu, take it easy on me!  I'm a little taken aback by your comment.  I'm not hooked (I've bought nothing) and don't have the experience to recommend, only repeat what I have been told.

I'm only recounting info that a vendor E-Mailed me to answer my questions.  I'm still curious to get an opinion from anyone who's used both and if you could spot where your extra $20 went.

-Dan
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Oops... sorry Danox - I see that you only have 5 posts so your skin is not properly thickened. - No flame intended - you asked and we've responded.  I'm sure that the Fulton folks (who are sponsors on this site) are great people - however a DPMS or RRA lower kit is exactly what I and about 98% of the other members on this board would use.  

There's your answer (and yes, the pistol grip is supposed to be plastic and I've never heard of anyone offering "plastic parts - not to say that they aren't out there)
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Xanadu.  I should have figured it was not intended.  I'm sure I'll get used to things around here.

1139 posts from you?  oh my...
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be ordering Rock River from Adco Firearms.

They have them for $57, shipped.

Look for my new post on another lower question...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#14]
No plastic in any of the RRA & DPMS kits I've used.  I'll agree that the DPMS kit was the smoothest build out of the three that I've done so far.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#15]
One more reason to get your C&R...Brownell's has the DPMS lower kits for $44 dealer price.  Of course they're out of stock now, but I'm sure they'll be getting back soon.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#16]
The last armalite kit I used was superb. Allot better in fit and finish than a FunShow nonamer i got.

MM419
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...I've never heard of anyone offering "plastic parts - not to say that they aren't out there)
View Quote
Well, my Bushy has a plastic trigger guard.  Wasn't built from a kit though.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#18]
i'm about to get my 4th DPMS lower parts kit.  good stuff!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Had problems with a DPMS kit being out of spec. Bought it from FAC. They were as useful as tits on a bull in resolving the problem.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Had problems with a DPMS kit being out of spec. Bought it from FAC. quote]

What was out of spec?  Having used a lot Olympic/DPMS/BM parts kits, go with the cheapest price among the three.  The parts are basically the same.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top