Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2003 9:45:57 AM EDT
I recently decided that I needed a new AR, and figured I'd save a few bucks and build one myself.

First, I bought two Mega lowers(consecutive low numbers) on the EE board.  Yes two, so there is another build in the near future.

Then while at the gun show yesterday I bought a 16" OlyArms Kit.

Home I went and 1-1/2 hrs later I had a working AR.

If anyones on the fence about building an AR, all I can say is go for it.

I'm into this AR $515, and I think I'm going to love it.

Couple of questions for you guys..

1. How do the Oly Kits compare to Model 1 or J&T?

2. Where is the 12 step program for AR builders???

I'm thinking the other lower will be built into a varmint gun.  What do you think?  NM trigger, 20 or 24" SS flattop upper?

Steve

Link Posted: 4/27/2003 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Steve,

You can't just post that you bought an Oly kit, you need to tell us all about it.  Describe your new baby in detail!
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Its an addiction that will, empty your wallet.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
BallisticTip,

Bad thing is that for what I paid for the Customized Colt Combat Commander, I could build two AR's.

Oh well, a great Ar-15 goes very nicely with a great expensive 1911.

Steve

[img]http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/May/2003542397036446144862.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Mega Lowers?? Never heard of them...They available for research on the net?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Steve, Congrats on your new build!  I just ordered two Mega lowers today for a couple future projects.  Olympic makes great stuff and for that price you did well, very well.  As for the 12 step program, forget about it...there is nothing you can do now but buy more AR's and more accessories.

Slate - Check out this thread for more information: [url]http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=153544[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I've coined this phrase before and it's copyrighted, "This sport is not for the faint of wallet".
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top