Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/24/2003 4:13:50 PM EDT
Im changing between 25 and 30 A2s to night sights and this is one operation I have yet to perform. I could use detailed step by step instructions in sequence. I know I can get them apart and back together again but I dont want to experiment and I dont want to waste a lot of time on the wrong side of the learning curve. Best answer gets a good used GI 30!
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I win?
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Get this book The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide—How to build your own AR-15—by Walt Kuleck with Clint McKee from [url]http://www.scott-duff.com[/url]

It is well written and has detailed photos of all aspects of building your own. The assenbly of the A2 site is well done.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, thats a good book.

So, if these are the only two answers I guess I win. [beer]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
using a roll pin punch, drive out the roll pin from the drum.
be sure to catch the detent and spring weh you remove the drum.
unscrew the windage screw, removing old apeture, replacing it with the H3 version, and screw the windage screw inte the new apeture.
make sure the hole for the roll pin ends up aligned near vertical.
add a dab of grease to the detent (ball bearing) and it's spring... this makes things much easier to get back together.
modifying a pair of needle nose pliers with a small notch near the tip to hold the roll pin makes the job much easier... they don't need to be Snap-On, some cheapies form the 99¢ store, gunshow or flea market/swap meet will do.
final assembly requires you to press the drum into place, hold it and the roll pin in alignment and gently hammer the pin with the punch... its a 3 hand job if you want to make it easy.

Sears sells the roll pin punches.

have spare roll pins, detents and springs on hand ahead of time... just in case.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:13:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Fixer can I get yer address???? I think this contest is over! [beer]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#6]
e-mail sent, happy to help!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top