Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2003 5:30:16 AM EDT
A local gun shop owner has an E.A. stripped lower.  It was manufactured in 1993..

Does anyone know anything about them?  He wanted $600.00 totally stripped.

Thanks,
Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Supposedly same quality as Armalite, $600 sounds good to me. I just brought 2 post ban E.A. lowers. I'd go for it. If it's in good condition.

(See next post, that slipped my feeble mind.)

Where's my coffee?

My .02 cents worth
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
When the ban took affect in 1994, ATF said that anything not assembled into a rifle (or associated with all the parts ready to assemble) at the time of the ban wasn't considered "pre-ban".  Just because it was made in 1993 doesn't make it "pre-ban".  Can the seller give you some history on it?  
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#3]
E.A. stands for Essential Arms. The model should be J-15. They were investment cast and rumored to be made by Ruger. Decent quality but not on par with a forged Armalite. The price is about what they are selling for. What hurts is they used to be advertised in Shotgun News in the mid 80's for $39.00
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
E.A. stands for Essential Arms. The model should be J-15. They were investment cast and rumored to be made by Ruger. Decent quality but not on par with a forged Armalite. The price is about what they are selling for. What hurts is they used to be advertised in Shotgun News in the mid 80's for $39.00
View Quote

wahyness, thanks for the education.

Rambosky, sorry for the confusion.
MM419
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Essential Arms went out of business in '93 (their tooling was supposedly sold to DPMS), prior to enactment of the AWB, so, in theory at least, [b]ALL[/b] EA lowers are pre-ban. Proving that the lower had in fact been assembeled into a functioning rifle prior to the ban might be a bit tricky however.

I bought three of EA lowers in '89 or '90 for $70 each, delivered. Still got two of 'em. Never had a problem with either. One of the nicer cast lowers I've ever seen.

[img]http://quartz2.cyberstation.net/~dwpaul/pix_files/ea-a2-03.JPG[/img]

All good . . . . Doug
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top