Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2003 10:19:39 PM EDT
was wondering if it's possible. Hesse plastic upper and lower. low chamber pressure level of the 380 would allow for the removel of the weight in the tail of 9mm bolt. Use a 3-4" thin walled barrel wich would be alot lighter than a 6-7" 22cal. barrel. no gas system or front sight needed. Looking at the mag block it could be lightened up a good deal. There might be an issue of the short 380 rnds. feeding in 9mm mags (UZI type). Should be able to make the 50oz. limit. seems possible?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:05:25 AM EDT
[#1]
WHY? I mean while i can understand doing something just for the hell of it i question building what would probably be the worlds largest .380 ACP pistol.

Now if it was a RR receiver i might be able to understand[:D]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I suppose the reason is to see if it'll work. The only part that would be wasted if it did'nt would be the 380 barrel. I don't believe a person could get a 9mm version down to 50oz. weight for a post ban. The higher operateing pressure of a 9mm requires the heavier bolt to delay the breech from opening to soon. The weight is removeable in the Colt style bolts.I have plenty of spare 9mm stuff laying around. As far as the Hesse recievers go I've already seen a couple of guys give them a workout at the local range. They said there were no problems with the assembly. As to your question why, like you said for the hell'uva it
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 5:40:47 AM EDT
[#3]
If you went to the AOW configuration you would have to go through the NFA checks but you wouldn't
have to worry about the 94 ban on evil features.
I currently build this .223 version, I have people wanting one in 9MM also.  Howard
JB Arms  Class II MFG
http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=1216&query=retrieval
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top