Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2003 4:06:54 PM EDT
I have one of the old Tapco kits from about a year ago that I need to refinish. The upper is really bad looking. It seems like a grey epoxy type finish. This is off of the kits that came from Guatemala. My other couple of kits were really nice. Just put off building this one for awhile.Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
A few weeks ago I dis-assembled a crappy looking upper I've had for years. A couple applications of Zip Strip paint remover cleaned off what was left of the old, cheap spray paint and uncovered the nice looking gray finish. After stripping it I washed off all the remaining residue with hot soapy water.

That's how I did it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,I'll try a paint stripper. Guess I can bead blast it afterwards also as it is worn pretty smooth in spots.My other kits were much nicer. But I just need a shooter. Then on with the muzzle brake and repark, a little bedliner spray on the handguards and stock then Gunkote for the upper and I should have it ready.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top