Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 12:42:22 PM EDT
Just finished putting an ACE skeletonized stock on and I ran into a minor problem. Not with the stock, with the extension tube. The diameter of the extension tube grew near the receiver end. I could slide the stock on almost all the way except I couldn't get it on the last 3/8". I swapped extensions with another rifle that used the standard A2 stock and they both worked fine. The swapped tube didn't change diameter so the Ace fit well and the A2 stock apparently didn't care about the over-dimension as it fit too.

I don't know if tubes are prone to this or not. Perhaps I got a bad tube tube? Anyway, heads up.

So far as the stock goes.....Wow!! I've been waiting for something like this for a while. I really didn't want to buy a non-operating, telescoping stock. I'm glad this was available.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It does give a carbine a unique look...

...But I'll be damned if I can get that foam cover on...
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It does give a carbine a unique look...

...But I'll be damned if I can get that foam cover on...
View Quote

Try spraying WD-40 on the buffer extension tube.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
For those of you unfamiliar with the Ace stocks, here's their site:

[url]www.riflestocks.com/[/url]

I really like the way those look on an AR-15.  They're expensive, but very unique looking.z
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
 They're expensive...
View Quote

Not terribly so...JDTactical has them, reasonably priced (I thought)...With & without buffer & spring...

[url]http://www.jdtactical.com/jdTacticalStore/Catalog/category/00002[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I purchased mine from DSA Arms for $89.95.  They also sell the buttpad for $14.00.  I like the stock without the buttpad.  For me it was too long with the pad installed.  For more info:

[url]www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Category=09&storeid=1[/url]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Got mine off ebay; Stock & pad for $99.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=383&item=1976973202

JDtacticle sells on ebay, less than on their website...
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I purchased mine from DSA Arms for $89.95.  They also sell the buttpad for $14.00.  I like the stock without the buttpad.  For me it was too long with the pad installed.  For more info:

[url]www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Category=09&storeid=1[/url]
View Quote

Got one from DSA also. Didn't like the butt pad because it would hang up on my clothes on the way to my shoulder. Other than that I really like the stock.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top